Fix Limbus Company 1.7gb update every time I boot the game + C Drive used as unity storage issue
. However, there have been reports of a recurring issue with the game’s updates and storage management on the PC version. In this article, we will explore the issue of the Limbus Company 1.7gb update every time the game is booted and the use of C drive as unity storage.
What is the Limbus Company 1.7gb Update Issue?
The Limbus Company 1.7gb update issue refers to a problem where the game requires a large update of 1.7gb every time the game is launched. This issue has been reported by several players and is a significant inconvenience, as it consumes valuable time and bandwidth to download the same update repeatedly.
The issue has been attributed to Unity’s use of the C drive as its default storage location for caching game assets. This has resulted in the appdata locallow unity folder growing to an excessive size of 1.7gb. As the Limbus Company game is built using Unity, it also uses this folder to store its assets. Therefore, every time the game is launched, it checks for changes in the cached assets and requires an update of 1.7gb before launching.
Why is C Drive Used as Unity Storage?
Unity uses C drive as its default storage location for caching game assets to improve performance. C drive is the default location for “Low Integrity Level” folders which limit the access to the folder and its contents from other applications. This helps keep game files separate from other files on the computer, preventing conflicts or corruption.
However, this default behavior can cause problems for some players who have limited storage on their C drive. As mentioned earlier, many users keep their C drive “razor thin” and cannot afford to have large folders like appdata locallow unity taking up valuable space.
How to Fix the Limbus Company 1.7gb Update Issue?
The Limbus Company 1.7gb update issue can be resolved by changing the default storage location of Unity’s caching system. Here’s how
1. Locate the Limbus Company game folder on your computer. This can be found by right-clicking on the game icon and selecting “Properties” and then the “Local Files” tab.
2. Once you’ve located the game folder, find the “Player.log” file and open it with a text editor like Notepad or Wordpad.
3. In the Player.log file, look for the line that says “Using data path” followed by a file path. This is the default storage location for Unity’s caching system.
4. Copy the file path from the Player.log file and paste it into the Windows File Explorer address bar.
5. Once you’ve navigated to the folder containing Unity’s cached assets, create a new folder and name it “Cache”.
6. Cut and paste the contents of the cached assets folder into the new “Cache” folder.
7. Delete the original cached assets folder, and create a shortcut to the new “Cache” folder on your desktop.
8. Finally, create a new folder inside Limbus Company’s game directory called “Cache” and create a shortcut to the desktop shortcut inside this folder.
By following these steps, you have successfully changed Unity’s default storage location for Limbus Company’s assets. The game will now use the new folder you created instead of the C drive’s appdata locallow unity folder.
The Limbus Company 1.7gb update issue can be a significant inconvenience for players. However, it is a result of Unity’s default storage location for caching game assets. Changing this default behavior can fix the problem and improve the performance of the game. By following the steps mentioned above, players can enjoy the game without the need to download the same 1.7gb update every time the game is launched.